All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult carer, who must remain within the building at all times. Carers have full responsibility for children in their care for the duration of their visit.
Riverside Hub regulates the numbers of users present at any one time. At times the use of wristbands, hand stamps or colour coded timing devices will be used for the safety and enjoyment of all.
For child protection reasons we have CCTV in operation.
On entering Riverside Hub Carers must:
- Accept full responsibility to supervise their children at all times
- Observe their children to ensure that they are capable of using the equipment safely
- Explain these rules of play to the children and monitor their behaviour.
To ensure safe and healthy environment the following rules must be followed at all times:
- Any Child who has obvious recent injuries, is unwell, or who has been unwell, must not visit the centre for at least 48 hours.
- Keep all food and drinks in the refreshment areas. Food or drink should not be taken or consumed in the play areas.
- No smoking or use of fire within Riverside Hub (with the only exception being birthday candles)
- Adhere to the instructions on signs or given verbally by Riverside Hub Staff- we want you to have fun and play safely.
- Carers to encourage children to visit the toilets before using the play equipment.
- Nappy changing and the use of potties etc. must be conducted in the toilets, and nappies disposed of in the bins provided.
- Chewing Gum is strictly prohibited.
- No climbing on the external play structure, furniture, barriers or netted walls.
- Fighting, bullying, disruptive, destructive or unsuitable behaviour will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- Any food debris which falls on the floor is picked/wiped up as soon as possible, and report any spillages, accidents or damage to a member of staff immediately.
- Report all accidents to a member of staff, to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimise the potential of reoccurrence.
Before entering the play area, in the interests of Health, Safety & Hygiene, adults must ensure themselves and children-
- Remove shoes / footwear;
- WEAR SOCKS AT ALL TIMES- socks may be obtained from reception;
- Remove all valuables of sharp objects- Jewellery, pinned badges, watches, belts with large buckles;
- Neckties and clothing with neck cords, coins, or small toys should not been worn or taken in the play areas. Lockers are available to store items safety;
- Take care when wearing spectacles or glasses (we recommend using a retainer and have shatter proof lenses);
- Use the toilet and wash their hands;
- Do not climb the slides, or play in front of the slide exits;
- Wear appropriate clothing, ideally legs and arms should be covered to minimise the risk of personal injury;
- Tuck in clothes and remove clothes with ropes or cords;
- Follow the equipment guidelines and age recommendations, in place for the safely and enjoyment of all children.
Usually there is no restriction on the length of time you can stay. In exceptionally busy times, however, to allow everyone a chance to visit, we reserve the right to limit the length of visitors stay to two and a half hours.